It’s that time of the year… time to say goodbye to another 12 months gone by and start brand-spanking new again. Now let’s be honest with each other: What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of January 1st? When I ask around, most people tell me it’s the day they’ll join the gym, or the day they’ll start saving more money. I look at the new year differently, though. To me, it represents a time that we, as women, should celebrate femininity and truly loving ourselves! All of you mothers, daughters, girlfriends, wives, single ladies — treat yourself well in the new year. Let’s indulge when it comes to loving ourselves. THAT is what 2017 should be about.
Treat Yourself Well In The New Year
Just how do we treat ourselves like the incredible women we are? Here are a few ways that I recommend:
- Respect yourself! This is such a simple concept, but how many times a day do you find yourself engaging in negative self talk? The truth is, we all tend to beat ourselves up a little bit in some way or another… whether we get down about our weight, our inability to get a promotion or something else. This year, try to treat yourself with the same respect and love that you strive to treat others with. You are important, and when you take care of yourself you will feel so much better inside and out.
- Accept every compliment you get. Even if you don’t believe it, smile and thank the person who told you something nice about yourself. The more you do this, the more you will learn to own your talents and your inner beauty.
- Indulge in things that are good for you. Start going to bed earlier, do a weekly skin care regimen or treat yourself to a massage once a month. Doing small things to make yourself feel good can have a huge impact on your overall happiness.
- Be honest with yourself. Don’t tell yourself you’re ok with a situation when you really aren’t. Instead of burying your emotions, admit to yourself how you’re really feeling. You’ll find that validating your feelings will set you on a path to being truly happy.
- Start saying “yes” to more things… even the ones that scare you (like a boudoir photography shoot)! Over the years, I’ve photographed young, old, curvy, thin, tall, short, and basically every other type of woman. And I’ve found that boudoir photography produces the same result for everyone: it teaches women to love themselves. When we feel the empowerment that comes from doing a boudoir photography shoot, we feel a sense of self worth and confidence. We feel happiness. Boudoir is simply a catalyst for bringing out your inner beauty and your unique personality.
Start the year off right with a boudoir shoot!
Treat yourself well in 2017 and contact Evgenia Ribinik, a top NYC boudoir photographer, for a boudoir photo shoot. Evgenia is an expert at showing women how beautiful and amazing they are.