Planning for your wedding can feel like an absolute whirlwind. With so many decisions to make and exciting details to finalize, your entire engagement can fly by in the blink of an eye. Before you know it, you’ll be saying “I do” and starting your life as a married woman.
So how can you celebrate this beautiful season of your life before it passes you by? Commemorate this time with a wedding boudoir photography session.
Table of Contents
- What is Wedding Boudoir Photography?
- What Does a Bridal Boudoir Shoot Look Like?
- 4 Reasons to Schedule a Wedding Boudoir Photography Session
- When Should I Do a Wedding Boudoir Shoot?
- Meet Your New York Wedding Boudoir Photographer
What is Wedding Boudoir Photography?
Wedding boudoir photography is an intimate type of portraiture. This form of photography is about celebrating your body, your femininity, and your confidence. It’s the perfect way to document this season of your life in a beautiful, artistic, and unique way.
What Does a Bridal Boudoir Shoot Look Like?
A bridal boudoir shoot is a private affair. You’ll work with a professional photographer to plan out the details of your session, including the overall vision you’d like to achieve with your photos.
Depending on your photographer, you may have the option to shoot in their studio or in a location of your choice. On the day of the shoot, you’ll be photographed in various poses and outfits.
Here’s what you can expect from a wedding boudoir shoot in my New York studio:
- I’ll give you a tour of my lingerie closet, where you can select different looks for your shoot. Every piece is laundered between sessions and available in a range of sizes. You’re welcome to bring your own bridal lingerie as well.
- We’ll spend some time chatting and getting to know each other so you can feel comfortable with me as your photographer. I’ll explain the boudoir process and answer any questions you may have.
- On the day of your bridal boudoir shoot, you’ll be pampered with professional hair and makeup. This is an excellent opportunity to relax and get into the right mindset for your shoot.
- We’ll start with some relaxing and easy poses to help you get comfortable in front of the camera. As we progress, you’ll have the option to move into more adventurous poses while being mindful of your comfort level.
- By the end of your session, you’ll feel more empowered and confident than ever before. You’ll also have a beautiful collection of wedding boudoir photos from this exciting time in your life.
View this behind-the-scenes video of the boudoir experience at my New York studio.
4 Reasons to Schedule a Wedding Boudoir Photography Session
Boudoir photography is such a special and unique experience. Here are 4 reasons why you should consider scheduling a bridal boudoir shoot of your own:
1. Get Comfortable in Front of the Camera
Your wedding day will be one of the most photographed days of your life. Why not get comfortable in front of the camera before the big day? A wedding boudoir shoot is a perfect opportunity to do just that.
You’ll have the chance to work with a professional photographer in a private setting. This will help you get used to being in front of the camera and ease any wedding day photography nerves. Boudoir encourages you to be vulnerable, open, and comfortable in your own skin. After your session, wedding photos and videography will feel like a breeze.
2. Celebrate This Season of YOU!
Wedding planning is likely occupying your every thought lately, whether you’re awake or asleep! It’s easy to get caught up in the wedding details and forget to honor the most important person in the whole equation: you! You deserve an opportunity to take some time for yourself and celebrate this transformative season of your life.
Bridal boudoir is your time to shine before you embark on an amazing journey with the love of your life. It’s a chance to feel confident, radiant, and absolutely beautiful amidst all the stress and excitement of planning your big day.
This is your wedding, so make sure you do something special for yourself! Just imagine how amazing it will feel to look back on these photos years from now and see the strength, beauty, and joy you felt in the time leading up to your special day
3. Give Your Partner a One-of-a-Kind Gift
When you think of the typical gift for your groom, what ideas come to mind? Cufflinks? A nice bottle of cologne? How about something a little more unique, intimate, and personal? An album of your wedding boudoir photos is sure to take his breath away.
Even though your partner already sees you as the most beautiful woman in the world, this sentimental gift allows you to share a special part of yourself that they may never have seen before. Your photos will capture this beautiful moment in time, and your partner will be able to cherish them for the rest of your lives.
4. Shake Those Nerves
Being a bride means all eyes are on you, which can be pretty nerve-wracking! If you’re feeling anxious about all the attention you’re going to get on your wedding day, a boudoir session can help you shake those nerves and boost your confidence.
You’ll get to experiment with different looks, styles, and poses in a judgment-free environment. This is your time to have fun, explore your sensual side, and let your personality shine through. By the end of the shoot, you’ll be feeling like an empowered goddess ready to take on your wedding day!
When Should I Do a Wedding Boudoir Shoot?
The best time to do a wedding boudoir shoot is about 2 months before your wedding day. You’ll have ample time to plan your session with your photographer, choose your outfits, and receive your photos without feeling rushed.
Meet Your New York Wedding Boudoir Photographer
If you’re considering a wedding boudoir shoot in the New York City area, I would love to chat about your vision. As a boudoir photographer, I specialize in creating beautiful, sensual, and intimate photos that capture the unique spirit of each of my clients.
I believe that every woman is deserving of a photoshoot that makes her feel like the gorgeous goddess she is. Whether you’re looking for something sultry, playful, or romantic, I will work with you to create stunning images you’ll cherish forever.
Visit my online boudoir gallery today.