So, lovely ladies… How many of you would like to try something new, but feel kind of scared? I totally understand. I’ve been there. However, I believe that the ability to take risks and do things outside of your comfort zone will help you learn about yourself and grow. I know that “comfort zones” got their name because it takes a lot to overcome fear. Fear can lure you into believing that it’s a scary world out there. But, when you take risks, you’ll be surprised at how liberating and rewarding it can be to break from the chains of fear.
That being said, how about we all try something new this month? Let’s try to get out of our comfort zones a little bit. If you need some inspiration, here’s 10 ways to get you started!
- Switch up your routine. The sense of familiarity that a routine brings to your life gives you comfort because you know what to expect when you do certain things. Break out of the rut and feel more confident when you do things differently than you normally would. Experts say you will be more productive, as comfort kills productivity.
- Travel and meet new people. If possible, try solo travel (even if it’s just a day or weekend trip). Traveling is one of the best life-learning experiences, as it enables you to overcome fear and see the world through a different lens. Being in a new place with strangers can be scary, but can also bring rewarding life experiences.
- Learn a new skill or find a new hobby. This is not only fun and an opportunity to try new things, but it can also boost your confidence. Is there something that you’ve wanted to do but have always been putting off? Now is the time to get started!
- Dig through your bucket list! Most people have a list of things they want to do or see! If you have one, start ticking off items. If you don’t have a bucket list, make one! It’s fun and challenging at the same time.
- Start a creative project. You don’t have to be the artsy type to take on a creative project. Do whatever it is that you’re passionate about – whether it’s painting, gardening, or re-decorating your home. If it’s a project that requires collaborative work with other like-minded people, it’s even better for you!
- Be an adrenaline junkie for a day. Do things that will let you overcome fear such as zip lining, bungee jumping, or white water rafting. Any of these activities will definitely bring a new rush into your life!
- Unplug from social media for a day. Even though social media is a great way to connect with people (especially in certain awesome Facebook groups for girls!), don’t forget to proactively meet people in the real world too.
- Try something that you normally wouldn’t do. For example, eat at a restaurant serving cuisine that you haven’t had before. You may be surprised at how much you end up loving something!
- Volunteer. This is one of the best ways to start living outside of your comfort zone. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to meet people (whom you wouldn’t otherwise meet or talk to), while exploring your passion.
- Get in front of the camera. This is one of my favorites! As a woman, it can be challenging and intimidating to do something like a boudoir photo shoot, especially if you haven’t done it before. However, it’s a great way to celebrate you in the most daring and confident way possible! Still need some convincing? Here are some women who got brave at my recent boudoir sessions!
Just remember: It’s OK to take baby steps to get outside of your comfort zone. Acknowledging that fear exists is the first step to overcoming it. Once you realize that, nothing will stop you! Want to talk more? Reach out to me! I’d love to hear from you.